Monday, June 15, 2015

Week #92 - Final transfer in Aix-en-Provence

Mom!

Life in the sexy city is cool.  It's just as sexy as I'd heard, maybe a little too sexy.  So we haven't done anything cool yet for pday, cuz we haven't had one yet, but today we have plans to go with a recent convert who is the coolest guy in the world, and I'd already met him a couple times before on exchanges n stuff, and we're gonna make some stuff out of leather, because if you want the definition of outdoorsman, this is your guy.  He always wears a utility belt, and it's awesome.  He made it, too.  And we have plans to do some fun stuff later on, too, so here's to hoping we can!

Of coooouuuurse we're getting along!  The ward rules, too, it's president Roney's favorite ward, and it's pretty sweeeeeeeeeeet.  We have eaten with some members yeah, and we're going to the bishop's tomorrow to eat, to, so that'll be fun.

We have a couple amis, but not too many right now, because all the progressing amis they had before all got baptized, so... that's neat n all, we just gotta find new ones to do the same things!

Are there only two of us?  If there were more than two of us, the appartement would be tighter than a sardine can!  It's one of the smallest in the mission.  Real cozy, perfect for two bros, but if you put anymore in here, it gets a little tooooo cozy.

Trek sounds sweeeeeeet.  I remember it being really fun.  At first I didn't really like the kids in my group, and I didn't know them either, but our Ma n Pa were realllllly dope, so that helped a lot, and I ended up enjoying it verrry much.

Will he (Sam) still be working at Costco samples when I get back?  Can I get half off my free samples?

Did you tell Kylie's mom a bunch of lies about me to make sure I look like a good missionary?  If so, thanks.  If not, pas grave.  Did you hear about the tear gas in Toulouse?  I was in Muret, so, like, I didn't really get affected, but it was just cuz a bunch of granola hipsters and pro-farm people were pouring manure in the streets (the whole city smelled like poo and Iowa), and then people used it as an excuse to break windows in the metro, so we was walkin' all over Toulouse instead, and it just turned into huge riots, and it was nuts.  Kinda bummed I didn't get much more than the poop smell, but at least I didn't die!

I've been seeing Jurassic World signs all over the place, I think it looks NEAT.  You'll have to tell me how it is.

So if you want a nice summary of the week, it was real busy and I didn't get around to unpacking till yesterday.  But it was really fun, and here's why.

We visited with two really cool recent converts, Patricia and Rachelle, a couple times.  It's really cool, because I haven't been able to do real recent convert stuff since Muret, so this has been neat.  They're some of the coolest people, and I came to realize something the past couple weeks.  President Roney would always say that every baptism was our baptism. And I was all "no, it's definitely not my baptism, cuz I'm pretty sure I've never met this person, and I definitely didn't baptize them."  But then he would explain that miracles and baptisms and convert retentions and reactivations are only thanks to the combined obedience and diligence of the whole mission.  And seeing these people that have been recently baptized, and hearing their stories, you know it was a missionary in particular who taught them and baptized them, they were someone prepared by God to receive his restored Gospel.  And most of them came to the church or missionaries, not the other way around.  so that's neat.  Like Sylvie in Muret, I did nothing, and it was her who came to the church, not the missionaries to her.  So that's been real neat to learn.

We did a lot of contacting in the street these past couple days, because we need new amis!  So we've been reaallllly tired at night, I'm getting a nice sun tan, and we haven't yet found new people to teach.  BUT.  We've met some cool people, and here's to hoping that something happens and they call us or come to church or something.  That would be sweet.

We also got to go on exchange in a ville called Gap, which I've heard of my whole mission as being the smallest and most castaway ville in the mission.  It's GORGEOUS and up in the mountains and their apartment looks like a cabin, and they're doing awesome work up there.  I didn't even get a chance to take any pictures...sorrrrrry.  but it's definitely not as small as Muret, I can tell you that.  People actually live in Gap!

Workin' real hard to make you proud, momma.  I love you all a real lots, and I'll let you know if we burn any rapists or if there're more teargas stuff (a friend on a mission in S America witnessed those horrible events) or poo in the streets (happy he only experiences poo smells:)

I LOVE YOU MOMMMMMM

Love,
Elder Max Liechty


No comments:

Post a Comment