Monday, May 11, 2015

Week # 87 - Avignon

Heyoooooooo!

Hey, since I just saw you yesterday, do I have to write a big long letter?  Heh heh yeah probs.  

Sounds like Have a Soup Pie was real fun, and yeah, I'd go.  I'd probably drive the van out there, but, like, eh, I don't have one anymore so...

So let me tell you a few things about this week:

We spent a looooooooooot of time organizing all the less actives in our branch and mapping them out and dividing them up between the two équipes.  We have it all nice and organized and finally we gonna be able to do more less active work in this branch, cuz there're about 3 times as many less actives as active members!  This branch has to be at least............3 times this big!  What is this?  A branch for ants?  But anyway, there are a lot of less actives, and most of this week was spent mapping them out, passing the ones closest by, and finding a lot of addresses no longer good, but finding a few good addresses, too!  And some not too far from our appartement!

But yeah, this week was kinda funky cuz we didn't have many rdvs fixed, we were just kinda goin' and trying to find all week.  We were supposed to see Etienne and Ange on friday, but Ange couldn't, and then that turned out to be alright, because there was this huge problem with the trains that day cuz an "accident de personne," you can guess what that means.  So we were in Aix en Provence for the zone training that morning, and weren't able to get back to Avignon till 19h which means 7 o'clock in french, not 9 o'clock :)  But anyway, so we weren't able to make it to Etiennes, but we should be seeing him finally this wednesday.  It's been FOREVER.  He's moved appartements into another kinda sketchy area, but that just makes this whole thing more fun :)

Other than missing those rdvs, we got to see our man Jean-Person (turns out that's how you spell it, not Jean-Personne....super embarassing) a couple times.  Once about halfway through the week we stopped by to chat, and some members came into his store, so that was cool to see them all there, too.  We only had enough time though to give him a scripture to read that should help him with his desire to get a call from God, 2 nephi 31.  Then we saw him another time in the week, just to follow up on his reading, he hadn't yet, but he said he would.  We chatted a little with him again.  Then on sunday he came to church!  It's always real refreshing to see him there, cuz he always looks real classy and has a big ol' smile on his face. He really likes church.  We talked about the word of wisdom in the amis class, and he had some good questions about why certain things are forbidden if it's only bad if you're addicted?  And we told him that frankly it's better to just not take the risk and stay completely away from harmful substances instead of walking the line and drinkin' / smokin' every once in a while.  He seemed to understand, so we'll follow up on that this week!

Met some cool people on the streets, as per use (you-j....), but no one is a new ami yet. Elder Kimbergt and I have been working a lot better together lately, too, so that's been nice.  the other elders are all doin' real good, too.

However I totes forgot to take a picture of all four of us, and now I have a huge zit on my forehead, so we'll just have to wait till later to do that, huh?  Heh heh.  but you saw all four of us on Skype at the same time, right?  so that counts, right?

And here's a picture of a big old wall in a city called Orange, and then this NASTY bug that interrupted our weekly planning session, then we killed it, and this is what was inside of it.  I thought you might like it. ( I didn't, and I didn't include the picture either:)

So, you have to tell me if you like this style of email better than the day by day one, cuz for me this is WAY easier, and all the lame details are written in my journal.  But if you want to know what I did day to day, you let me know, and I can do that.  i can do that for you, cuz i love you.  But just so you know this is way easier, and I feel like i avoided a lot of the really boring details.  Just let me know. (Um, I like this style A LOT better:)

I love you tons, mom, and it was awesome to see all of you yesterday!  Happy momma's day again!

Love,
Elder Max LIECHTY

No comments:

Post a Comment