Monday, April 7, 2014

Narbonne - Week #30 (possibly his last week here? I doubt it)


Whoa whoa hold the phone what.  You have an iPad since when?!

Anyway,
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM,

General conference was siiiiiiick.  I'll get to that, but yeah.  I loved it loads.  Lots of loads.

(I do still want the face stuff.  that's all I can really think of.)

I'm pretty sure Bobby strained his MCL, too.  Or maybe it was his ACL.  Whatever, they're the same as far as I'm concerned.  Except the MCL grows back, right?  Wow I can imagine that stuuuuuuunk.  Sometimes my legs hurt from lots of biking or walking, but, like, I've never torn nuthin.

This week was really fast and I don't remember anything we did :)  But I wrote some of it down, so let's see if it starts to come back.

Cute Pepe 


Lundi we went grocery shopping with mémé and pépé (the name is Mudarra, Francisco Mudarra), and then afterwards we went to there house and ate with them and played cards and it was fuuuuuun.  I'm finally learning how to really play this one spanish game, that I will have to teach you crazies in a year and a half or so.

Tuesday was pretty cool.  One of our amis called us, Isabel, because she needed to translate a letter from French to English.  It's a long story, but she was married to an American, who lives over there now, and now he wants a divorce, and she had to respond to the divorce statements or something and it needed to be in English, so we translated it.  We hadn't seen her in a really long time, so it was cool to meet her.  Then, she had said something in passing about how she doesn't really have any food or nothing, so when we went back to our place, we finished translating the letter and made her some foods.  She was really grateful, and said she'd repay us somehow (she brought us croissants a few days later and they was yummy).  It was a cool reencounter, and it sparked her up nice, now we have RDV with her today!

Mercredi we went up to Béziers because there is a senior couple moving in!  so we went up to build their IKEA furniture and set the place up.  So we spent the whole day building stuff in their apartment.  They're from Quebec, and they have such a Quebecois accent it's fuuuuuuun (and sometimes hard to understand).

Jeudi we were back in Béziers for district meeting, which is always sweet.  Always a good reboost.  Then we went back, and it was raining raining raining in Narbonne.  So we went out on bikes, like you should in the rain, and tried to pass some old amis and potential amis.  Afterwards we saw la famille Mudarra again.  Prez told us to really focus on how all these things in the gospel blesses familles, and as we have started doing that, he has been listening a lot better, and we are starting to see some kind of progress!  Thanks for your prayers, by the way.

Vendredi we were back up in Béziers (we might as well live there sometimes) to finish up with the senior couples apartment.  We arranged, cleaned, and then waited for the electricity guy to come and turn on the electricity (because the other elders were on exchange in a distant land and couldn't be there for this).  Then, we went on exchange with the Béziers elders, I with Elder Palfrey, from Canada, in his second transfer.  This was a nice little taste of how it feels to be senior companion.  It was fun.  :)  It was hard, but it's always a good learning experience, as well as eye opening experience.  When you know there's someone there who can speak better than you and who can bail you out in times of need, it's easy to sit back sometimes and do little.  But when you're with a bleu missionnaire, it's time to take charge.  But then you start to talk and words come and it all goes pretty well.  That was nice.  We had a lesson with a less active famille as well as Dénis and his famille, the ones from Martinique, 7th day Adventists.  Yeah.  Pray for them, too, please :)

Samedi, we...went back up to Béziers!  We played basketball with some members and their friends, and then we was off to Montpellier to watch general conference.  Oh, it was good.  I don't have my notes with me, but I'll tell you what it was filled with goodness. We watched the first session in English and then...

Dimanche was the priesthood, second, and third sessions.  We watched priesthood in French because we were with everyone, but the second in English because they got the missionnaries their own room, and then the third in French because we went to a member's house for that one.  They were all AWESOME.  I tried real hard this time to do the whole listen by the Spirit instead of the exact words spoken, so that made it sick.  Oh, and there was so much that our amis needed to hear, so I hope they took our invitations and watched it.  I really liked Henry B. Eyring's talk from Saturday morning, because it made me think of my momma and her decision to be baptized :)  Sunday morning session was chock full of goodness, too.  Man.  Good stuff.  General conference is the biggest reboost that anyone could want.  Now we just need to APPLY what we learned!

This is potentially my last week in Narbonne....I don't want to leave yet.  There's lots to do.  But, you know, where I go is where the Lord wants/needs me to go, so, like, I guess I'll go :)  I'm excited for this week, got some good stuff (or at least, should).  Pray pray pray pray and pray, THANKS!

Love you bunches,
love,
love,
love,
Elder Liechty

No comments:

Post a Comment