Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Week # 74 - Just a little sick this week


Big old mills in l'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, prettiest town in the mission


My name on somethin'


Jerusalem


Moooooooom

So this week was real interestin' and cray, so I'll start out by answering your questions.

Jacen sounds pretty set on rooming with me, and there's a couple other boys he's mentioned that would want to room with us, so yeah.

Tooooooooootes forgot to ask Prez about the ecclesisensational endorsement, so.......and the next time I see him is end of february.  Too late?  If it's too late, I can try calling or sending him an email and asking him about it.

I remember STOMP

He's from Sandy, UT, he's real cool.  He's a USU fan, he went for one semester before coming out.  Before his mission he had real long hair and when he did no shave november, he pulled it back into a bun and looked like a dirty pirate and the picture is hilarious.  But now he's all cleaned up.

We got lots of time for talking these last couple o' days, and no he wasn't sick.  But he told me this morning his throat was starting to get a little scratchy, so we're gonna take all the precautions we can and load him up with medications and pray for the best!

It snowed a BUNCH here the other day, but I was in Lyon, so I missed that.  But it also snowed in Lyon, didn't stick, just pretty snow flakes, and then also on the train ride there last monday there was a bunch of snow out on the country sides.  So that was fun.

Also, you probably noticed I'm emailing you on tuesday.  Funny story.  I'm sick!  I'm real sick.  But I'm just about better now, so I snuck out to do emails cuz Elder Steadman hasn't been able to do his emails since two weeks ago, so crazy stuff, right?

Anyway this is gonna be a kinda funky week description. Cuz we were in Lyon n whatnot

So lundi we got on a train and left to Lyon, said goodbye to my main man Elder Beck, played his guitar one last time, and then it was off.  Met an Elder named Elder Hansen who knows Taylor (Liechty) and lives in Highland and went to Lone Peak, graduated the same year as Caity and lives in the same ward as a couple of my good pals (in the Country Club).  So.  That was really fun.  He's training, too, and also had served in Avignon.

So then I'm just gonna do a sum up of the rest of the week because it was a huge blur.  Initially, I started feeling a little sick on the train ride to Lyon.  Then I was real sick on tuesdee.  and also the rest of the week.  But that's not what's important.  Basically the whole week we were playing around in Lyon, that meaning we went around Lyon and contacted and tried out new contacting schemes the assistants are coming up with and did a lot more contacting and ate out a looooaaad at Subway.

As the week continued, I got sicker, we got our new collegues, we stayed foreeeeeevvvver in Lyon because they had to do their legality a few days after they arrived, so instead of going home and back real fast we just stayed in Lyon and ate more Subway and did more contacting, and it was actually pretty fun.  Except that I was litterally dyyying.

But I didn't want to call Sr. Povar, cuz I didn't want her to make me stay in Lyon and whatnot cuz I was "too sick to leave the apartment" but when we got home I called her for advice on how to get better, and then she grounded me.  So I guess that was kinda my fault.  But essentially the next few days were filled with home remedies trying to cure my swollen throat, my booger crusted eyeballs and my stuffy ears.  It was nastay, you shoulda seen it.  Scratch that, you're my mom, you've probably already seen that :)  but anyway, so she actually made me stay home from church which stunk, cuz it was branch conference, and apparantly it ruled and a bunch of less actives where there, but, eh, c'est la vie.  I thought I was gonna make a true 2 years straight without a single sunday missed, but turns out I was just naive.

So that was the weekend, trying to heal.  Then yesterday was also spent trying to heal, I've gotten a lot better yet, but Sr. Povar keeps telling me to take it easy and rest, but we snuck out today because we were sick (ha) n tired (also ha) of being inside.  So now we're writing you, we talked to some strangers on the way here, talked to a guy who had some Dr. Pepper, too, that was fun.

Well, all this sick time has given me lots of time to reflect on what I've done with my mission.  And I'm pretty happy with it so far.  Of course, I'ma keep goin' and I'm gonna strive to do even better, but I've had the best year and a half of my life so far, I think.  Lots of miracles I've seen and lots of really good times had, and lots learned about Jesus and His Atonement, and lots of unimportant deep doctrine learned from the crazy members and really studious missionaries.  I wouldn't give anything for these past months.

and no, I'm not sick of you saying you love me, you could actually probably say it more if you sent me letters during the week ;)  KIDDING I'm not so desperate that I would casser you like that.  But I do love you, and I know you love me probably

LOVE
Elder Max Liechty

A little from Kent's letter:

That being said, I missed my sons first day of work in Avignon, cuz he went on a split with the other elders, cuz we figured he needed this good start instead of starting your mission of for three days trapped in your apartment.  But anyway, that day was cool for them, cuz they saw our good friend Amine and had a sweet rdv with him about the Book of Mormon and engaged him to pray about it.  She be seeing him soon as soon as all this nasty sick stuff is past.

The new son rocks, we're getting along well, he's excited to go work, but of course nervous, too, cuz he's new!  He speaks dang good french for a bleu, but he needs to be more confident about it, but he'll get it.  Haven't seen the investigators for a long time cuz of Lyon and then being sick, but Jean-Personne came to church, Amine is doing very well, Etienne is probably doing fine, I'm gonna call him today to try to fix a rdv with him, and that's about it.  We have this other lady, I don't know if I told mom about her, but it was this lady that we gave away a Bible to, and she wants to meet up with us, too, because she wants to find faith again and rebecome happy!  wow!  so that's a cool miracle.  No baptism dates yet, but as soon as Etienne gets this work thing fixed (that should be soon!) he'll be up n ready for baptism.  Amine could have a date soon, too, but he's going the Vietnam for an internship in not too long, so hopefull that doesn't mess things up.  

Do you know if there are missionaries in 'Nam?

No comments:

Post a Comment