Monday, August 19, 2013

Week #2 - MTC

Mommy, daddy, Caity, Sammy, Zachy, Monty, and all the rest.

This week went so dang fast it isn't funny.  Actually...no.  Not funny.  But it's still so fun and so spiritual and so everything and just yeah and I love it and yeah this is great I love the MTC oh my gosh I love it.


I got all yo packages, and they were PERFECT.  I use both the towel and the washcloth AND the microfiber towel, so good thing you sent all those pieces.  The shirts were perfect.  i finally put the odor-eaters in my shoes so now my feet don't stink all the time.  I could smell them when I was WEARING shoes mom I think I have a problem.  And yes, my passport is with the Visa people.  How do I know?  BECAUSE I WENT TO SAN FRAN, BABAAAAAAAY.  But it was lame because we got on the plane, delayed for an hour and a half on the plane, got to San Fran, got our Visa stuff, hurried super super fast to In-N-Out for lunch, got on the plane, got back to Salt Lake, got on the frontrunner, and made it back to the MTC.  And we had woken up at 2:30 am to get to the airport.  But it was really fun, even though I was tired out of my pants and greasy because I slept all the time, and I think my grease level increases when I close my eyes.  What?

And the whole address deal?  that was just some weird stuff, I don't think it really even matters as long as you my name, the MTC, and 163 on that.  The date doesn't even really mean anything, but feel free to add it just in case n stuff.  September 17.  And the stamps are adorable.  And don't worry about the money, I just want to save my MTC money card up for dry cleaning before I leave, so I have cash to exchange for Euros when I'm O-U-T out.

The Dear Elder letter boosted my spirits big time, thanks momma for that, and I don't think I need any more evening snacks.  The nutty bars (mmmmhhmmmhhmmmmmhmmmm) and the Sprees are taking care of me pretty well.  And the Izzes.  And the Werther's.  YES.  the Werther's.  so satisfying.  This keyboard is having a hard time with the "shift" key, so don't be offended if I don't capitalize stuff.

First things first:
I'm preeeeeeetty sure I have a wheat allergy or gluten intolerance or something.  Because I have been BAYUD (bad).  My tummy that is.  but I started of wheat for a day, felt better, relapsed because wheat is SO GOOOOOOD, and then fixed i up the next day, and so far today the only wheat I've had was a cookie.  Not a good idea, probably should've gone totes wheat free, but what they hay (get it?  Hay?  Kind of like wheat?  Same plant or something?).

AND SAM HAS A JOB?  How long have I been gone?!! What year is it?!  Is this still real life?  AND ZACH MADE A DECISION FOR HIMSELF?  Is this the future?  Is Zach actually a robot now?  My how the world has changed since I left.

And I got the cupcakes.  Oh yes I got the cupcakes.  I ate two of them and shared the rest with my district for the sake of my stomach.  But two was enough.  i won't explain everything that happens in my tummy when I eat wheat, but to sum things up, extreme discomfort.  But I'll suck it up, because wheat is worth it.  Not really.  I should stop.  And there are ten elders in my district (P.S. They're all awesome), six of which are in my room (the most awesome of them.  Not really, they're all equally awesome).

I'm beyond pro at francais by now.  By maitenent.  That means now in French.  en francais, that is.  See how good I am?  So good.  Omelette du fromage.  I ate an omelette du fromage the other day.  At the SLC airport.  Some hippie, organic French breakfast place with a crazy lady at the register.  But the omelette du fromage was so fine.  But really, I love the French language and I love speaking it.  I don't know every word, just most of them.  Not really that either, but I've probably learned more in the past week or so than I did in two years at school.  The spirit is so strong here it's cray.

My favorite part of the day is... I love just about all of it, really.  I love getting to write in my journal at night, reflect on the day, think of all the times I saw the Lord's hand in my day.  and let me tell you, it's a LOT.  Of times.  My least fav part is waking up every morning.  Cuz we got the buns end of the deal having breakfast at 6 30.  Waking up at 6 00 and being showered and in church clothes for breakfast.  No, I take it back.  My least favorite part is showering.  The showers are nastaaaaay.  Not really, just a lot of unidentifiable objects on the floors and walls, good thing I have shower sandals.  Ew.  Ew. Eeeew.  And when you're showering, and you hear the guy next to you hock five thousand loogies.  so I try to get the nicest (emphasis on nicEST) shower, but someone always gets it before me.  Before I make anyone throw up, I'll stop here.  P.S. I've dropped my towel on the nasty floor too many times to be happy anymore.  gonna wash that thing about twenty times before I use it again.

*************VERY IMPORTANT MORE THINGS TO SEND PLEASE LOVE MAX***************************
I need some more pants for p-day, cuz it's against the rules to wear shorts on p-day, and I'm gonna need to wash these pants sometime.  Oooh, and socks, because we exercise e'er day, and these socks are getting crusty, and I am not a fan of that.  so by socks I mean running socks, like the grey ones.  Take them from Sam if you have to.
My Mr. Mac suit.  Okay this the deal.  It fits.  But the legs are like barely too short and they're also really baggy and it feels like I'm wearing my marching band uniform.  i don't like that feeling.  I don't know if there's anything we can do bouts that?  You know me, though, it's gonna be a thing.  Because they don't fit right.  Like my other suit.  I love that one.  All the Mr. Mac pants fit right, just not the suit pants.

Let me tell you some about my district, because this week is nothing new (learning, teaching, speaking Franch, sleeping, eating, etc.)
i am so blessed with the people I was roomed with and put in a district with.  Elder Higham, my companion, super cool. He's also DL, so no big deal.  ha.  DL, deal.  No big DL.  Ha.  Elder Thompson: reminds me of Justin Sloter from Ames, IA, on my baseball team.  Ask dad about him.  Looks just like him.  Elder Miner: reminds me of someone I've known before, but I can't put my finger on it.  Elder Gram:  So German.  So, so so so so so so so so so German.  I mean, he was born in Denmark, raised in Germany, mostly German.  so German.  Elder Eady:  So British. Soooooo British.  But he's hilarious.  He's the only 19 year old in my district, and we talk about English stuff all the time.  Like trousers, and chips, and other things.  they use weird words for weird things in England.  Elder Tsie: So Asian.  Looks like Psy.  And his name is Tsie.  Almost the same.  Elder Lam: 24 years old, military vet from Singapore, such a powerful example of obedience and faith and spirituality and reverence and classiness.  He's like a dad.  Elder Tidwell:  from Kaysville, UT, that should say enough.  Just kidding.  He started out with a bad attitude, but now he's really cool and he's working hard and it's great to see his progress.  Elder Dayley:  Went to LP, never knew him at school, now we're best friends.  i really love my district. like loads.

I wish I could send pictures, but there's no SD slot.  So maybe you could send the USB cord that came with the camera?  that would be sweet.  Also, Jacen Christensen's dad has sent me donuts, and his mom sent me a box of candy, and also Jacen shared a peach with me that his dad sent him.  So I think it would be nice to send him something.  I can get his address, or you can send it to me and I can give it to him.  I see him all the time, he lives almost right above me in my building.  That's all I think I need right now.  Pants, socks, cord, stuff for Jacey.  And also Jacen's companion looks like Nicolas Cage.  It's hilarious.  

I'll write you up if I find I need more stuff or if I just want to say something or write my testimony or what not.  I love you all, and thanks for the prayers.

Love U 4 ever,
Elder Liechty


AND A SMALL SNIPPIT FROM KENT'S LETTER:

I probably love it more now.  It's going so fast and I'm learning so much.  But I'm so blessed to be here, and the spirit is so strong.  I do miss you, but I don't miss gardening.  But I do miss fresh veggies.  I love the gospel.  I love Sunday.  I've never looked forward to Sunday until here.  The spirit is like candy.  Love this place.  I'm so glad you and Zach set the example to serve a mission.  I really love it here, I love every minute, I love being dedicated to the gospel.

Love you daddio,
Maxio

No comments:

Post a Comment